[Nagiosplug-help] check_snmp Lexmark Printer Model

Nicola Paltani nikp at libero.it
Mon Sep 11 16:55:17 CEST 2006

Hi list

I have some problem understanding the check_snmp plugin

I have used check_snmp to discover the toner level for the lexmark
 printers and works good, now i have just to check the printer model
 of all these printers i found the correct oid, that's the command
 i use:

./check_snmp -H (IP) -o HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrDeviceDescr.1  -C
 public

which gave me as result

SNMP WARNING - Lexmark C522 942109F LS.FA.P129 | HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrDe
viceDescr.1=Lexmark C522 942109F LS.FA.P129;;;;

As you see the problem is that i got the result but I also got a
 WARNING

i have tried also with the -s options

./check_snmp -H (IP) -o HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrDeviceDescr.1  -C
 public -s Lexmark C522 942109F LS.FA.P129

but i got always the WARNING, please does anyone know how can i
 take away it

Consider that I will have to check 400 printers and many of them
 are different model and I will have different string ,so my target
 is to accept all the string without WARNING or CRITICAL state

Many thanks

- Nicola Paltani (nickp)