[Nagiosplug-help] How to install nrpe-2.8.1.tar.gz on Solaris10

Chris Lee clee.hk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 14:19:09 CEST 2007

Hi Esben

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I was able to run nrpe in standalone mode with no problem. But When I put in under SMF, I got an error: "CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake."

I tried to convert the following line to xml format using inetconv:

nrpe    stream  tcp     nowait root   /usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe /usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg --inetd
<<<<

And then put the output file to /var/svc/manifest/network, and then imported it using svccfg command.

Do you see if I missed anything or did anything wrong?

Thanks you so much,

- Chris Lee