[Nagiosplug-help] multiple hosts

Colin McKinnon colin.mckinnon at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 10:18:49 CET 2007

Hi,

> Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 16:04:52 +0100
> From: "Ratio-IT John van Lit" <John.vanlit at ratio-it.nl>
> Subject: [Nagiosplug-help] multiple hosts
<snip>
> How can monitor multiple servers behind a firewall.
>
> On both servers I have installed the NRPE_NT and the NSClient++ client
> installed on both boxes.
>
> On one box I have the default ports configured and on the other I have
> set them one number  higher.
>
> But when I let nagios check it takes the wrong server.
>
> Does any one have a sulotion?

Sounds like a firewall issue rather than a Nagios problem.

Is the inside routable? i.e. do you have masquerading on the firewall?
If so have you setup port forwarding for all the relevant boxes?

It might be simpler to have a NAGIOS installation behind the firewall
reporting up to a master installation.

HTH

C.