[Nagiosplug-help] check_users reports zero users

Gil Vidals gvidals at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 21:45:29 CET 2007

I've been running nagios for a few months now and I'm having a problem on a
particular server with check_users run through check_nrpe.

Logging onto the server and running the command directly works like so:

     root at ns2 nagios]# ./libexec/check_users -w 1 -c 1
     USERS CRITICAL - 1 users currently logged in |users=1;1;1;0

However, running the same command from my nagios server, fails:

     [root at dev2 nagios]# ./libexec/check_nrpe -H 207.158.10.18 -c
check_users -a 1 1
     USERS OK - 0 users currently logged in |users=0;1;1;0

This condition is only happening on two servers out of 30. I appreciate any
guidance in debugging this?

Thanks,
Gil at Vidals.net