[Nagiosplug-help] check_users reports zero users

Olivier 'Babar' Raginel nagios at babar.us
Wed Dec 12 07:53:57 CET 2007

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 12:45:29PM -0800, Gil Vidals wrote:
>         root at ns2 nagios]# ./libexec/check_users -w 1 -c 1
>         USERS CRITICAL - 1 users currently logged in |users=1;1;1;0
>    However, running the same command from my nagios server, fails:
>         [root at dev2 nagios]# ./libexec/check_nrpe -H [1]207.158.10.18 -c
>    check_users -a 1 1
>         USERS OK - 0 users currently logged in |users=0;1;1;0
>    This condition is only happening on two servers out of 30. I
>    appreciate any guidance in debugging this?

Where is the issue?
On the first test, you're logged in, so you're the user making the test
fail. On the second test, I guess you're no longer logged in, thus the
server is reporting no users are currently logged in, which seems fair
to me.
Anyway, having a look at your NRPE configuration might help, but from
your output, everything looks fine to me.

--
Babar.