[Nagiosplug-help] nagios unable to set threshold for warning and critical alert

trevor obba trevor_obba at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 1 15:01:18 CET 2007

I am trying to monitor Microsoft
Exchange 2003 “SMTP Remote Queue Length”
using Nagios check_nt plug-in
like

./check_nt -H 192.168.x.x
-p 1248 -s password -v Counter -l "\\SMTP Server(_Total)\\Remote Queue Length"

The above work fine but I would like nagios to indicate a warning
when SMTP remote queue is 50 and critical when 100 mails, is queued on the
remote queue.

As a result I added
the options “–w 50 and –c 100” like this

./check_nt
-H 192.168.x.x -p 1248 -s password -v Counter -l "\\SMTP Server(_Total)\\Remote Queue Length" –w

Unfortunately, the
check_nt seem to ignore the warning and critical thresholds.

How can I set
thresholds on SMTP Remote Queue Length? What am I doing rough?

Can you help? Please

Thanks