[Nagiosplug-help] 1.4.5 compile problem

Holger Weiss holger at CIS.FU-Berlin.DE
Mon Feb 5 05:19:10 CET 2007

* David Rooney <rooneyd at gmail.com> [2007-02-02 15:16]:
> I added the ssl option but its still complaining at the same point.

At least the list of missing symbols got shorter :-)

> gcc -g -O2 -o check_http check_http.o sslutils.o netutils.o utils.o
> -L/export/home/nagios/nagios-plugins-1.4.5/plugins -L/usr/local/ssl/lib
> ../lib/libnagiosplug.a ../lib/libcoreutils.a -lnsl -lresolv -lsocket -lssl
> -lcrypto
> symbol                             in file
> OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms          sslutils.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to check_http

Recent OpenSSL versions redefine OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms(3) to the
real symbol name via some macro which should've been (but obviously
wasn't) pulled in from /usr/local/ssl/include/openssl/evp.h.  I guess
your OpenSSL installation doesn't include the header files.  That is,
the directory /usr/local/ssl/include/openssl doesn't exist (or is empty)
on your system?

Holger

--
PGP fingerprint:  F1F0 9071 8084 A426 DD59  9839 59D3 F3A1 B8B5 D3DE