[Nagiosplug-help] 1.4.5 compile problem

David Rooney rooneyd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 11:13:39 CET 2007

The directory is populated and the file exists. I did find something saying
that an older version of OpenSSL may work from previous to 0.9 I am hesitant
to do this unless its totally
neccesary.
The other thing I have noticed is that I cant turn off ssl. using
--without-ssl and --without-openssl makes no difference. Is that normal
behaviour?

On 2/5/07, Holger Weiss <holger at cis.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> * David Rooney <rooneyd at gmail.com> [2007-02-02 15:16]:
> > I added the ssl option but its still complaining at the same point.
>
> At least the list of missing symbols got shorter :-)
>
> > gcc -g -O2 -o check_http check_http.o sslutils.o netutils.o utils.o
> > -L/export/home/nagios/nagios- plugins-1.4.5/plugins -L/usr/local/ssl/lib
> > ../lib/libnagiosplug.a ../lib/libcoreutils.a -lnsl -lresolv -lsocket
> -lssl
> > -lcrypto
> > Undefined                       first referenced
> > symbol                             in file
> > OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms          sslutils.o
> > ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to check_http
>
> Recent OpenSSL versions redefine OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms(3) to the
> real symbol name via some macro which should've been (but obviously
> wasn't) pulled in from /usr/local/ssl/include/openssl/evp.h.  I guess
> your OpenSSL installation doesn't include the header files.  That is,
> the directory /usr/local/ssl/include/openssl doesn't exist (or is empty)
> on your system?
>
> Holger
>
> --
> PGP fingerprint:  F1F0 9071 8084 A426 DD59  9839 59D3 F3A1 B8B5 D3DE

Dave Rooney
+31 638310013