[Nagiosplug-help] quick question

Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de
Wed Feb 7 16:44:41 CET 2007

Usually the pre-flight check's errors quite precisely point at
where there
something needs to be fixed.

The first configuration to get Nagios up and running can indeed
be a little daunting.

Thus, you probably should try starting with a simplified
configuration.
To this end you should find a minimal.cfg-sample which you could
edit
and save as minimal.cfg in your nagios's etc directory
and have cfg_file= point to it in nagios.cfg.

Later, as you add more and more hosts and services it usually is
better
to seggragate host, contact, services, and command definitions by
some
logic that best maps your site that you monitor.

I usually create an object subdir in nagios/etc and have a
pointer to
it in the global nagios.cfg.
This avoids having to add a line for every single *.cfg file.

$ grep ^cfg_dir /opt/sw/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
cfg_dir=/opt/sw/nagios/etc/objects

documentation
> > with configs, all compiles went through without any problems
etc.
> > Any ideas on where to start looking? What might cause this
error?

> Hi Jocke
>
> I'm not sure if you have problems with nagios or with the
plugins
> It looks like problems with nagios but you post in plugin help
>
> Start at
> cd /usr/local/nagios/etc/                ## if this is your
> nagios path
> ../bin/nagios -v nagios.cfg
>
> Look at the output and tackle all the problems one by one.
> Maybe post the results here.
>

> Sjaak

> Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web
> services, security?
> Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make
> your job easier.
> Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on
> Apache Geronimo
> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&
dat=121642