[Nagiosplug-help] Problem Installing Plugins for nagios

Holger Weiss holger at CIS.FU-Berlin.DE
Thu Feb 22 16:40:33 CET 2007

* ?????? <eli at yit.co.il> [2007-02-22 16:05]:
> After running the command "./configure --prefix=/usr/local/nagios --with-nagios-user=nagios --with-nagios-group=nagios\--with-cgiurl=nagios/cgi-bin"
>  I get this output,
[...]
> configure: error: --with-nagios-user is a deprecated option
[...]
> 1. can you please help me with this ?

As "--with-nagios-user is a deprecated option", omit the option :-)
Same is true for "--with-nagios-group".

> 2. One more question can you tell me what MUST I install on the
> machine before installing the plugins ?

Depends on which plugins you need.  See the REQUIREMENTS file.  If you
neither need any of the plugins listed there nor SSL encryption, chances
are that you don't need to install anything.

Holger

--
PGP fingerprint:  F1F0 9071 8084 A426 DD59  9839 59D3 F3A1 B8B5 D3DE