[Nagiosplug-help] NRPE Problem

Andrew aburns at premtech.com
Tue Feb 27 23:04:45 CET 2007

I'm sorry, I didn't specify that. Yes I have. Here's some output lines:

 From the CentOS server with an NRPE daemon running:

CentOS-2:/usr/local/nagios/libexec# ./check_nrpe -H 10.1.5.10 -n -p
5666 -c check_disk1
NRPE: Unable to read output
CentOS-2:/usr/local/nagios/libexec# ./check_nrpe -H 10.1.5.10 -n -c
check_disk1
NRPE: Unable to read output
CentOS-2:/usr/local/nagios/libexec# ./check_nrpe -H 10.1.5.10 -n
NRPE v2.7

 From the CentOS server with the core Nagios processes running:

[root at CentOS-1 nagios]# /usr/bin/nagios -v /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg

Nagios 2.7
Copyright (c) 1999-2007 Ethan Galstad (http://www.nagios.org)
Last Modified: 01-19-2007
License: GPL

Reading configuration data...

Running pre-flight check on configuration data...

Checking services...
         Checked 27 services.
Checking hosts...
         Checked 7 hosts.
Checking host groups...
         Checked 1 host groups.
Checking service groups...
         Checked 0 service groups.
Checking contacts...
         Checked 2 contacts.
Checking contact groups...
         Checked 2 contact groups.
Checking service escalations...
         Checked 0 service escalations.
Checking service dependencies...
         Checked 0 service dependencies.
Checking host escalations...
         Checked 0 host escalations.
Checking host dependencies...
         Checked 0 host dependencies.
Checking commands...
         Checked 31 commands.
Checking time periods...
         Checked 4 time periods.
Checking extended host info definitions...
         Checked 0 extended host info definitions.
Checking extended service info definitions...
         Checked 0 extended service info definitions.
Checking for circular paths between hosts...
Checking for circular host and service dependencies...
Checking global event handlers...
Checking obsessive compulsive processor commands...
Checking misc settings...

Total Warnings: 0
Total Errors:   0

Things look okay - No serious problems were detected during the pre-
flight check
[root at CentOS-1 nagios]#

[root at CentOS-1 nagios]# /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nrpe -H
10.1.5.10 -n -p 5666 -c check_disk1
NRPE: Unable to read output
[root at CentOS-1 nagios]# /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nrpe -H
10.1.5.10 -n -c check_disk1
NRPE: Unable to read output
[root at CentOS-1 nagios]# /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nrpe -H
10.1.5.10 -n
NRPE v2.7

 From the RHEL4 server with NRPE running:

[root at RHEL4-1 nagios]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 20% -c
10% -p /
DISK OK - free space: / 18231 MB (97% inode=97%);| /=457MB;
15750;17719;0;19688
[root at RHEL4-1 nagios]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_users -w 5 -c 10
USERS OK - 2 users currently logged in |users=2;5;10;0

I'm stumped. I don't see anything in any of the log files indicating
what the output is nor what the problem is.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy