[Nagiosplug-help] Problem on connecting plugins with my nagios

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest dermoth at aei.ca
Thu Jan 4 21:55:44 CET 2007

On 04/01/07 01:55 PM, Abdul RAZAQ wrote:

> *Dears sourceforge,*
>
> *Please, I have proble making nagios connect with your plugins, I just
> cant have the sub-directory libexec in nagios directory and make the
> commands work for nagios and i have gone through the README file in
> plugins directory. it is nagios 2.6*
>
> *the error message:*
>
> *Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing *
>
> *Help me out, at what point am I suppose to install the plugins before
> or after installing nagios?*
>
> *I will appreciate anything that will help me out.*

I think this is rather a Nagios configuration issue. See the commands
definitions; the command_name is the name you use as check_command in
the service definition and the command_line should resolve to the full
path to the plugin including its arguments (Use macros there to minimize
the need of duplicate commands definitions).

Read at least the following::
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html#command
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html#service
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/macros.html

But I strongly suggest reading most of the Nagios documentation.

If it doesn't help make sure you installed the plugins properly and that
user 'nagios' can execute them.

Thomas