[Nagiosplug-help] Commands to be ran on windows machines remotely for Nagios

Ingo Lantschner ingo.lists at vum.at
Tue Jan 9 11:57:55 CET 2007

Am 09.01.2007 um 11:29 schrieb Sameer:

> Is there any facility/tool/command available for running the
> command on the Windows machine which could provide the result back
> to Nagios server.
You can use NRPE, since there are nrpe-services for Windows
available. From NRPE you can launch VBS-Scripts (using
Windowsscripting Host, cscript.exe namely) even on remote-hosts, who
do not have NRPE localy installed. Seems to work in small
environments. I would not suggest it for larger LAN/WANs. Better to
go with SNMP there, which can be checked directly - it is more stable.

HTH Ingo.

--
Ingo Lantschner
Vienna/Austria