[Nagiosplug-help] Commands to be ran on windows machines remotely for Nagios

Sameer sonaikar at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 9 12:13:54 CET 2007

Hi Ingo,

  Thanks for the important information regarding cscript.exe.

  I am not interested to use the NRPE daemon as it is necessary to run continuously on the Windows machine.

  I have written custom scripts in Perl which runs on the windows machine to check the directory and file existence and reports to the Nagios server accordingly. Currently I am using the NRPE daemon to run this script and is working fine.

  I am puzzled how Sitescope uses the NetBIOS information/credentials to login to the remote windows machine and retrieves data. I tried to search details on google but failed to get any.

  Your help will be valuable for me to add a remote service check to Nagios w/o using NRPE.

  Regards,
  Sameer

Ingo Lantschner <ingo.lists at vum.at> wrote:

Am 09.01.2007 um 11:29 schrieb Sameer:

> Is there any facility/tool/command available for running the
> command on the Windows machine which could provide the result back
> to Nagios server.
You can use NRPE, since there are nrpe-services for Windows
available. From NRPE you can launch VBS-Scripts (using
Windowsscripting Host, cscript.exe namely) even on remote-hosts, who
do not have NRPE localy installed. Seems to work in small
environments. I would not suggest it for larger LAN/WANs. Better to
go with SNMP there, which can be checked directly - it is more stable.

HTH Ingo.

--
Ingo Lantschner
Vienna/Austria