[Nagiosplug-help] RV: APAN a big problem

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest dermoth at aei.ca
Mon Jan 15 04:02:36 CET 2007

Hey about APAN, This might be interesting to you... A coworker at my job
made a perl daemon that read a pipe (written by Nagios) for performance
data and buffers it into memory. You can query the program by TCP to get
list of services and counters in memory and retrieve performance data.

There's a perl script that we use with Cacti to graph Nagios's
performance data. The daemon also expires the data after a certain time.

We never really had time to release it in the wild, but I may consider
hurrying it a little bit if there's much interest for it...

Thomas