[Nagiosplug-help] User Question -

Jeffrey Stormshak jstormshak at suntimes.com
Wed Jan 17 19:50:16 CET 2007

Greetings Nagios Users -

I was wondering if anyone has seen the following error message.  If so,
please let me know how I can go about getting it corrected.  I'll provide
some of the base config. Information and rev-levels as well.  All feedback
and thoughts appreciated.

Nagios-2.6/Plugins 1.4.5 all defaults used when compiling except the the
"--prefix" is set to "/opt/Nagios".

Apache 2.2.3 with prefix= "/opt/apache2".  The "httpd.conf" was configured
using the Setup for the Web interface cut/paste directly from the Nagios
PDF.  Apache is using the "User/Group" set to "nagios".  Sample is listed
below.

OS is Mac OS X 10.4.8 latest patches installed, etc.

Error Message:
It appears as though you do not have permission to view process
information...
If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server authentication
requirements for accessing this CGI
and check the authorization options in your CGI configuration file.

HTTP Configuration File:
ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /opt/Nagios/sbin/

<Directory "/opt/Nagios/sbin">
    Options ExecCGI
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AuthName "Nagios Access"
    AuthType Basic
    AuthUserFile /opt/Nagios/sbin/htpasswd.nagios
    Require valid-user
</Directory>

Alias /nagios /opt/Nagios/share

<Directory "/opt/Nagios/share">
    Options None
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AuthName "Nagios Access"
    AuthType Basic
    AuthUserFile /opt/Nagios/sbin/htpasswd.nagios
    Require valid-user
</Directory>

Jeffrey S. Stormshak, SCSA
UNIX Administrator
Chicago Sun-Times Media Group (10 North).
E: jstormshak at suntimes.com