[Nagiosplug-help] check_by_ssh issue

Robert Cole robert.cole at support4linux.com
Fri Jun 15 20:17:20 CEST 2007

I'm not sure if I found a bug or what but I can login to the remote
system I'm trying to check with key based authentication I can even do a
"ssh -i ~/.ssh/id_dsa remotecomputer "/usr/nagios/plugins/check_swap -w
50% -c 10%" and it works just fine but when I use:

nagios at ms1 ~ $ /usr/nagios/libexec/check_by_ssh -H remotecomputer -i
~/.ssh/id_dsa -C "/usr/nagios/plugins/check_swap -w 50% -c 10%"
Enter passphrase for key '/home/nagios/.ssh/id_dsa':

I get prompted for a passphrase and of course if I don't enter that I
get prompted for a password which I can enter and I get the expected
result. Another odd thing is if I don't enter anything after a short
period of time it times out then that shell is basically done as all I
can do is hit enter and get another shell prompt, nothing else shows up.

Any ideas?