[Nagiosplug-help] Checking for hung services on Windows?

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Fri Mar 16 01:32:57 CET 2007

Hey folks,

   I've had a request from some of our people to test for a specific
service on a Windows server that hangs occasionally.  I wasn't able to
get further details yet, but it sounds like it stops responding at
some point.  It's not a network application, so I cannot test it via
the network or anything simple like that.

   I checked NagiosExchange and didn't notice anything, and I haven't
found anything in the archives.  Hell, I'm a UNIX guy, I don't even
know HOW you'd check for something like this on a Windows machine.  I
already have checks set up for testing if a service or app is running,
but I don't know about detecting an unresponsive process.

   Does anyone out there do this?  Or know _how_ to do this?  This
one is a little out of my realm...

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.  :)

Benny

--
I've said it before and I'll say it again: If I ever catch a spammer,
I will hang him upside down with rusty barbed wire by his nether-regions