[Nagiosplug-help] Problem compiling Nagios plugins in Solaris 10

Borja Gonzalez borjag at tid.es
Mon Mar 26 09:40:12 CEST 2007

Hi!

I discovered Nagios a couple of weeks ago and found it very useful, so I
tried to use it to monitorize the systems I'm responsible of in my
private subnet. I chose a host to install Nagios in, and then make
active checks to the rest of machines, mostly Red Hat Linux Enterprise
Edition 3 and Solaris 10. I'm using *Nagios 2.8*, and *plugins 1.4.6*.

When I compilled Nagios Plugins in my host, a RHEL3, I got some errors
because of *mysql*... I searched through the forum, and found that it
could be because of mysql-devel, which wasn't present in my machine at
the time. Installed it and everything went ok. Then I went on to install
NRPE and plugins into my RHEL3, and a couple of OpenSUSEs, and found
that same error I had learnt how to solve... Once I installed the
correct version of mysql-devel, everything went fine.

My real problem appears when trying to follow that same proccess in my
*Solaris 10* machines. Compilation shows mysql errors, libexec directory
is never created, and everything points to the same error I was being
troubled with in my Linux machines, with this exception: I don't know
where to find mysql-devel for my Solaris 10 OS.

I'm using NRPE 2.7.1 tarball, but my problem is with plugins. I also use
the *tarball*... Untar it and try to compile with ./configure, make, and
make install, but the first make ends with an error, and can't get it to
work...

If someone had the same problem and you know the way they solved it, I
would be glad to know.

Thank you in advance!!!

Borja González.