[Nagiosplug-help] regarding nagios plugin....

venkata.sanaboyina at wipro.com venkata.sanaboyina at wipro.com
Thu Mar 22 12:31:04 CET 2007

thanks for replying me andreas

i have installed nagios 2.8 as per the http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/installing.html
i got everything working but the only problem i faced is i couldn't get etc/ directory under  /usr/local/nagios then i thought of installing nagios-plugin-1.4.6 i extracted it and tried to configue it

by the command:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/nagios --with-nagios-user=nagios --with-nagios-group=nagios --with-cgiurl=/nagios/cgi-bin

but it is throwing:
configure: error: --with-nagios-user is a deprecated option

if i remove nagios-user and nagios-group then it is getting compiled
but if i run make then it is throwing errors like:
make[2]: *** [check_mysql-check_mysql.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/magnum/Desktop/nagios-plugins-1.4.6/plugins'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/magnum/Desktop/nagios-plugins-1.4.6'
make: *** [all] Error 2

and i am expecting this to happen :
The installation procedure will attempt to place the plugins in a
   'libexec/' subdirectory in the base directory you specified with
   the --prefix argument to the configure script.

but instead it is throwing some errors

Thanks & regards,
sanaboyina venkata kalyan,
Wipro Technologies,