[Nagiosplug-help] Output of check_http not consistent

Ingo Lantschner ingo.lists at vum.at
Tue May 22 15:27:27 CEST 2007

Hi,
thanks for the replys!

Am 22.05.2007 um 14:09 schrieb Olivier 'Babar' Raginel:

> 302 is a redirection, it's not an error. So it's consistent with
> not an
> error code. I just don't get the problem here.
>
> Only 4xx and 5xx should be considered as errors, not 3xx.

302 not being an error is OK! The "problem" starts, when you redirect
the output to a parser for logging the performancedata to rrd-files.
These scripts tend to get confused, if the output does not follow a
consistent pattern. For us human-beings these lines mean more or less
the same  - at least we recognize that this service is somehow OK

	HTTP OK HTTP/1.1 200 OK - 1227 bytes in 0.067 seconds
	OK - HTTP/1.1 302 Found - 0.723 second response time

A script can get confused. Wheras it is no big deal to adapt a parser-
script such inconsistencies fill me with doubt - may be someone had a
reason, to program the plugin like this?

Cheers, Ingo.

Concretely: The confused parser was a map-file from Nagiosgraph

--
Ingo Lantschner
Vienna/Austria