[Nagiosplug-help] Too many notifications

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest dermoth at aei.ca
Fri May 25 13:36:04 CEST 2007

On 25/05/07 02:12 AM, DeBattista, Joe wrote:
> *Greetings,*
>
> *    I’m new to nagios, so I’m still learning the in’s and out’s of the
> program.  One thing I’m trying to figure out is how to not get so many
> notifications.  When the host goes down, I receive a notice about that,
> plus that all its services are now unavailable, and then the same amount
> of notifications when the host is again available.  What I would like is
> to get a single notification about the host outage and then one for when
> the host is in service.  Is there an easy way to set this up?  *

This is rather a question for the Nagios Users mailing list at:
Nagios Userlist <nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>

You should subscribe there and repost...

Out of curiosity, what version of Nagios are you using? When a host goes
down is it shown as "DOWN"?  Nagios should not send service
notifications when a host goes down unless the host stop pinging after
the services went into a HARD non-OK status. You can check the Event Log
to see what exactly what Nagios did during the event.

Thomas