[Nagiosplug-help] Checking URL for Content that requries password

Mark Thomas mark at firstoption.net
Wed Oct 3 18:26:23 CEST 2007

Hi everyone,

I need a bit of help.

I am in the process of evaluating Nagios as a replacement for the very expensive Sitescope system from Mercury Interactive and am enjoying the challenge.

I have a small question about check_http or something similar.

Basically I have a website that I want to check and depending on a phrase found on the website, alert accordingly.

The website requires a password to be passed in via a POST command.

I.e. www.example.com

POST <password>

Look for "Error"

If "Error" detected then alert, if "OK" found then show OK.

Is this possible and how?

Thanks!

Mark

- Mark Thomas (Veeoh)