[Nagiosplug-help] Solaris 10 nrpe

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Fri Oct 12 18:26:44 CEST 2007

On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 10:18:43AM -0300, Daniel MacKay wrote:
> Ineed some help understanding the right way to run nrpe under
> Solaris 10. Solaris 10 doesn't have inetd; if it did, it would
> be a no-brainer. I don't want to install an inetd just to run
> one service.
Solaris 10 has the Service Manager Framework, which functions
equivalently to inetd. NRPE can run as a inetd service or as a
standalone, which can also be managed by SMF or by the legacy
/etc/init.d/nrpe.

I'm not aware of an existing SMF manifest for NRPE, but
simplistic ones aren't too hard to write.

-Jason Martin
--
hAS ANYONE SEEN MY cAPSLOCK KEY?
This message is PGP/MIME signed.