[Nagiosplug-help] Compiling a .c plugin from the contrib/ folder

Robert Hassing robert at cable2000.nl
Tue Oct 16 22:28:27 CEST 2007

Hi

Is there anybody who can tell me what the steps are in order to compile any
.c plugin provided in the contrib. folder?

I'm trying to compile the check_uptime.c plugin at this moment but it ends
up with the following error:

fw2:~/nagios-plugins-1.4.7/contrib# gcc ./check_uptime.c
./check_uptime.c:24: config.h: No such file or directory
./check_uptime.c:25: common.h: No such file or directory
./check_uptime.c:26: utils.h: No such file or directory
./check_uptime.c:27: popen.h: No such file or directory

Is there a specific location to put the source and then compile it or?

Hope someone can help me

Regards
Robert