[Nagiosplug-help] check_http help

Mark Thomas mark at firstoption.net
Wed Oct 24 15:30:39 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am trying to configure the plugin above to check a website
for a certain string.

The website requires basic authentication but I dont seem to be able to get
this to work.

The command(s) I have tried using are:-

check_http -H 172.16.2.6 --authorization=nagios:nagios -s "System is
running"

This gives an OK but if i change the string to something that isnt there, it
still gives an OK(!)

check_http -H 172.16.2.6 --url=/ --authorization=nagios:nagios -r "System
is running" --invert-regex

again, returns an OK even if I change the string. Im missing something.

anyone help with this please? I want to use the check_http command
to monitor the website 172.16.2.6 with the credentials above,
L ooking for the string above but am failing :(

Help anyone?

Mark