[Nagiosplug-help] Jabberd as Nagios IM Notifier

Vanhee Frederik frederik.vanhee at perso.be
Thu Oct 25 20:30:41 CEST 2007

Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de wrote:
> Hello,
>
> does anyone of you run a Jabberd server for delivery of Nagios
> notifications?
>
> I face some Jabberd setup difficulties.
> But before boring you with this I thought I should better ask if
> anyone uses the XMPP
> for notifications.
>
> Rgds.
> Ralph

Hello Ralph,

yes I am using jabber for delivery of Nagios notifications.
Of course, the first thing you need is a working jabber server. I don't
know which OS / distribution you use, but I am using Debian Sarge and
have compiled it myself with sources downloaded from jabberstudio.org
Once you have the jabber server running, you can test this by
registering 2 persons in the jabber server and then try to send messages
to each other with a jabber client like gaim (or the newer version
pidgin) or whatever client.
If that is working, please contact me again, then I can send you my
notification script which is based on a script I found on Nagiosexchange.

Frederik