[Nagiosplug-help] configure nagios-plugins-1.4.10 on solaris

Philip Brown ppb at usc.edu
Fri Oct 26 00:15:51 CEST 2007

Marc Belanger wrote:

> 2. The runtime linker path must have the openssl libraries. The default
> is /lib:/usr/lib. Add /usr/sfw/lib to the runtime linker path.
>
> root @ nagsrv: crle
>
> Configuration file [version 4]: /var/ld/ld.config
>   Default Library Path (ELF):   /lib:/usr/lib:/usr/sfw/lib
>   Trusted Directories (ELF):    /lib/secure:/usr/lib/secure  (system
> default)
>
> Command line:
>   crle -c /var/ld/ld.config -l /lib:/usr/lib:/usr/sfw/lib

side point: I would suggest NOT mucking with crle.

The "right" way to compile this sort of thing, is to, when needed, manually
add in a -R, if the configure stuff is stupid.

If you MUST do something hacky, then usually, you can "cheat", by doing

export LD_OPTIONS="-L/usr/sfw/lib -R/usr/sfw/lib"

before the compile, and the linker will silently pick it up.