[Nagiosplug-help] nagios-plugin unable to compile on a solaris 10 machine

RaJESH KANNA tr_rajeshkanna at rediffmail.com
Mon Sep 10 15:03:24 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 Andreas Ericsson wrote :
>RaJESH KANNA wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>I am unable to compile nagios-plugin on a solaris  sparc machine. Has someone come across this error. Kinldy help.   Note : i tried disable-ssl,disable-mysql. installed GNU make,gcc etc.
>>   nagios plugin version : 1.4.9   OS : solaris 10
>>     #./configure works    #make ( throws below mentioned error)
>

>GNU make installs as 'gmake' on Solaris, so the 'gmake' error output
>would have been more helpful.

 gmake output is as follows.

Note :   $ ./configure --with-openssl=no --with-mysql=no

#gmake

   l/nagios/nagios-plugins-1.4.9/plugins ../lib/libnagiosplug.a ../gl/libgnu.a -l
solv -lnsl -lsocket
SSL_load_error_strings              sslutils.o
SSL_write                           sslutils.o
OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms          sslutils.o
SSL_set_fd                          sslutils.o
SSL_free                            sslutils.o
SSL_read                            sslutils.o
SSLv23_client_method                sslutils.o
SSL_new                             sslutils.o
SSL_CTX_new                         sslutils.o
SSL_connect                         sslutils.o
SSL_shutdown                        sslutils.o
SSL_CTX_free                        sslutils.o
SSL_library_init                    sslutils.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to check_http
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[2]: *** [check_http] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/nagios/nagios-plugins-1.4.9/plugins'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/nagios/nagios-plugins-1.4.9'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

Regards,
Rajesh