[Nagiosplug-help] nagios-plugin unable to compile on a solaris 10 machine

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Sep 10 15:26:32 CEST 2007

RaJESH KANNA wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 Andreas Ericsson wrote :
>> RaJESH KANNA wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am unable to compile nagios-plugin on a solaris  sparc machine. Has someone come across this error. Kinldy help.   Note : i tried disable-ssl,disable-mysql. installed GNU make,gcc etc.
>>>   nagios plugin version : 1.4.9   OS : solaris 10
>>>     #./configure works    #make ( throws below mentioned error)
>>
>> GNU make installs as 'gmake' on Solaris, so the 'gmake' error output
>> would have been more helpful.
>

>  gmake output is as follows.
>
> Note :   $ ./configure --with-openssl=no --with-mysql=no
>
> #gmake
>
>    l/nagios/nagios-plugins-1.4.9/plugins ../lib/libnagiosplug.a ../gl/libgnu.a -l
> solv -lnsl -lsocket
> SSL_load_error_strings              sslutils.o

It seems as if the Makefile is broken then, or as if ./configure isn't picking
up the hint that you don't want to link with ssl.

Try

	gmake distclean && ./configure && gmake

and see if that works. It should pick up the fact that you don't have MySQL or
OpenSSL installed and automatically disable that.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se