[Nagiosplug-help] Help with check_disk_smb

Tom Nail tom.nail at amd.com
Wed Sep 19 23:20:37 CEST 2007

I'm having issues with the check_disk_smb plugin not working correctly
from within Nagios. I am able to get valid answers from the
command-line, but when enabled in Nagios, it errors with the message:

"Invalid warning threshold: -H"

Which leads me to believe that the host information isn't getting passed
correctly. I've tried using the $HOSTADDRESS$ and $HOSTNAME$ macros, as
well as passing the hostname in through the service check, but they all
error with that message. Someone suggested it might be related to WINS
lookups for the host, but I haven't been able to track that down, either.

Here is the version info for the plugin and Nagios along with the
service and checkcommand defs:

(boober)--> /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_disk_smb -V
check_disk_smb (nagios-plugins 1.4.5) 1.13
...snip...

(boober)--> sudo /usr/bin/nagios -V

Nagios 2.7
...snip...

define service {
        use                     admin-service
        host_name               ldchome3
        service_description     SMB LDC home share check
        check_command
check_smb!ldchome3!public!<some_user>!<some_pass>
        }

# SMB protocol connection testing
define command {
        command_name    check_smb
        command_line    /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_disk_smb -w 85%
- -c 95% -H $HOSTNAME$ -s $ARG2$ -u $ARG3$ -p $ARG4$
        }

Here is the command-line equivalent (yes, I also ran it as the "nagios"
user...same output):

(boober)--> pwd
/usr/lib64/nagios/plugins
(boober)--> ./check_disk_smb -H ldchome3 -s public -u <some_user> -p
<some_pass>
Domain=[AMD] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.22]
Disk ok - 278.68G (54%) free on \\ldchome3\public

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

- -=Tom Nail