[Nagiosplug-help] Help with check_disk_smb

Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de
Thu Sep 20 09:30:19 CEST 2007

As a Nagios user who never used this plugin (as I lack any
Samba/CIFS servers to monitor)
I am also curious why you pass in four arguments where you only
use three of them?
To me it looks as if ldchome3 in the service definition is
somewhat redundant.
Also, wouldn't use of the macro $HOSTADDRESS$ avoid name
resolutions instead of $HOSTNAME$?

But as said, I may not understand the working of this plugin.

Of
> tom.welsh at bt.com
> Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 11:34 PM
> To: tom.nail at amd.com; nagiosplug-help at lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [Nagiosplug-help] Help with check_disk_smb
>

> Hi Tom,
>
> I may be barking up the wrong tree but your snippet shows 2
> minus signs
>
> # SMB protocol connection testing
> define command {
>         command_name    check_smb
>         command_line
> /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_disk_smb -w 85%
> - -c 95% -H $HOSTNAME$ -s $ARG2$ -u $ARG3$ -p $ARG4$
>         }
>
> It should be
>
> # SMB protocol connection testing
> define command {
>         command_name    check_smb
>         command_line
> /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_disk_smb -w 85%
> -c 95% -H $HOSTNAME$ -s $ARG2$ -u $ARG3$ -p $ARG4$
>         }
>
> Like I say I may be wrong or perhaps it's a typo on your part
>
> Regards
>
> Tom

check_disk_smb
> (nagios-plugins 1.4.5) 1.13 ...snip...
>
> (boober)--> sudo /usr/bin/nagios -V
>
> Nagios 2.7
> ...snip...
>
> define service {
>         use                     admin-service
>         host_name               ldchome3
>         service_description     SMB LDC home share check
>         check_command
> check_smb!ldchome3!public!<some_user>!<some_pass>
>         }
>
> # SMB protocol connection testing
> define command {
>         command_name    check_smb
>         command_line
> /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_disk_smb -w 85%
> - -c 95% -H $HOSTNAME$ -s $ARG2$ -u $ARG3$ -p $ARG4$
>         }
>
> Here is the command-line equivalent (yes, I also ran it as
> the "nagios"
> user...same output):
>
> (boober)--> pwd
> /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins
> (boober)--> ./check_disk_smb -H ldchome3 -s public -u
<some_user> -p