[Nagiosplug-help] check_mysql with unix sockets

Eric Ericson eric at simplyhired.com
Wed Apr 30 08:32:30 CEST 2008

I'm running into an issue trying to configure to check_mysql to use a unix socket (by which I mean the mysql.sock file).

The only help file or documentation I can find is the output from the check_mysql which indicates that I can pass it via the -H or --hostname flag. Unfortunately though, when I use this configuration check_mysql throws an error about it being an invalid hostname after doing the appropriate DNS lookup for the full path the the sock file as a hostname. (e.g, '/var/lib/mysql-prod-uk/mysql.sock'.simplyhired.com).

Any guidance would be appreciated,

-E2