[Nagiosplug-help] Incorrect check_nt behavior?

mjn mjn at umn.edu
Tue Apr 29 15:47:17 CEST 2008

In setting up COUNTERS with check_nt, I noticed this problem:

# ./check_nt -H host -p 5667 -v COUNTER -l "\\Server\\Server
Sessions","Server Sessions: %.f" -w 20 -c 30

Returns:
Server Sessions: 1 | 'Server Sessions: %.f'=1.000000%;
20.000000;30.000000;

Notice that the value of the current check in the perfdata is
automatically labeled with a '%' despite the warn and crit values not
percentages. In my case, using PNP for trending, it totally screws up
the graphs and makes the data look wrong because of things like sql
transactions/sec--which are typically well over 100--being labeled as
a percent value.

Is there something I am missing that changes this and, if not, how do
I submit a request to have this seemingly incorrect behavior changed?

Thanks!

--
Mike Neuharth <mjn[AT]umn[DOT]edu>