[Nagiosplug-help] monitoring printers

Ian Rarity Ian.Rarity at espc.com
Tue Aug 5 17:27:12 CEST 2008

There's also the more generic "check_printer" - does basically the same as check_hpjd, but uses printmib, so if your printer supports that then you should be sorted.

Ta,
IR.

*********************************
Ian Rarity
Technical Engineer
ESPC (UK) Ltd.
T: (44)131 624 8000
F: (44)131 624 8509
http://www.espc.com ( http://www.espc.com/ )

>>> "Conzen, Christoph (C.)" <cconzen1 at getrag-ford.com> 05/08/2008 13:21 >>>

 I have done this so far for HP Printers where the check_hpjd plugin comes handy if you want  just to know what the status is (OK, Toner low etc.)

For other things you could use snmp queries (check_snmp) and evaluate the output. MIBs for a lot of devices can be found at mibdepot.com

Kind regards,
Christoph