[Nagiosplug-help] Compilation errors

Olivier 'Babar' Raginel nagios at babar.us
Thu Feb 7 12:48:03 CET 2008

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 10:15:26AM -0000, Foster, David wrote:
> Thanks for the prompt reply, I have tried using the "--without-mysql"
> directive but the mysql information is still in the makefile and it
> still fails in the same way. I have looked at the make file but am
> concerned about removing areas without understanding what I am doing.

When he said you should try the "--without-mysql", he meant you should
start again with that switch.
There might be some targets to really clean the build folders, but my
advice is:
- Remove your extracted version
- Extract again the tar ball
- Configure using your old switches and the --without-mysql
- Compile

So in shell, this would be:
rm -rf nagios-plugins-*/
tar zxf nagios-plugins-*.tar.gz
cd nagios-plugins-*/
./configure --without-mysql --with-your --other-options
make

Maybe a "make maintainer-clean" is enough, not sure.

Hope this helps,

--
Babar.