[Nagiosplug-help] NRPE returns correct data, while Nagios shows "No Output"

James Bewley jamesbewley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 17:43:47 CET 2008

Hi all,

I've written some custom plugins that monitor some software around a
cluster.  I can run them on the individual cluster nodes with "sudo -u
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/plugin.pl" and i get a single line printed to
stdout and the correct return value.

All looks good?

So then I run the nrpe client on the nagios server to retrieve the values
returned from the plugin like so:
"sudo -u nagios /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H cluster_node -t 30
-c check_remote_plugin"

Which also prints the expected string and return value ( which is something
like "plugin:OK blahh text \n")
and returns the correct value ( 0 in this OK state).

So far so good?

But when I go to the nagios servers web page (status grid) I get WARNING
"(No output!)"

I've been scratching my head about this for a while now, can anyone over a
solution??

James
james at avbrief dot com