[Nagiosplug-help] check_xen nagios plugin

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 20:50:09 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am using nagios plugin check_xen (
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/cgi-bin/page.cgi?g=Detailed%2F2272.html;d=1)
for monitoring domU, My requirement is I am associating two names to domU.

For example vhost-0072-01 and MiniStats,so is there a way i can assosciate
two names to a domU using check_xen Nagios Plugin.Here MiniStats is a
functional name

Explained below in detail

For example

I have dom0 as host0072 and on these dom0 I have 2 domU viz vhost-0072-01
and vhost-0072-02.

In our DNS setup we have something called as Functional names associated
with this domU.
say For example

 vhost-0072-01 -> MiniStats
 vhost-0072-02 -> MiniWeb

so MiniStats is Functional name to vhost-0072-01 and MiniWeb is Functional
name to vhost-0072-02

Is there a way i can specify both vhost-0072-01 and MiniStats in check_xen
plugin option, so that its easier for us to recognize that if MiniStats go
down that means the vhost-0072-01 has gone down

Right now I am using the below command in the nrpe.cfg file in nagios on the
client side

command[check_vhost1]=/usr/nagios/libexec/check_xen domU MiniStats

So in this case its difficult to remember which domU its associated with if
MiniStats go down.

So is this possible or do you have any other option, Please let me know

command[check_vhost1]=/usr/nagios/libexec/check_xen domU
MiniStats(vhost-0072-01)
The above command wont work I believe so. I have not tried.

Please let me know if you need any additional information from me

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal