[Nagiosplug-help] check_http error

Olivier 'Babar' Raginel nagios at babar.us
Fri Mar 7 11:52:46 CET 2008

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 10:17:11AM -0000, Miah, W (Wadud) wrote:
> CRITICAL - Cannot make SSL connection
> 24922:error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake
> failure:s3_pkt.c:1052:SSL alert number 40
>
> I've just downloaded the latest version of the plugins. It complains it
> cannot make the SSL connection (and subsequently the handshake) and yet
> is able to determine that the certificate is going to expire in 7 days.

SSL alert number 40 is normally because you're supposed to provide a
valid client certificate, which you didn't give. So it can check the
server certificate, but the server complains it cannot check yours.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can pass a client certificate to
check_http, so I guess you'll need to reconfigure your server so it
doesn't require a client certificate for this check (some mix of Satisfy
Any, Require valid-user and Allow from nagios-host might do the trick
for Apache).

HTH,

--
Babar.