[Nagiosplug-help] wmi perl and me

Jessica Kohlbecker JKohlbecker at orcc.com
Fri Mar 7 16:57:38 CET 2008

Hello again,

I have figured out a bit more information on what I am really looking
for in monitoring memory on windows 2000 + servers.  Comparing the
script check_disk_wmi.pl where it queries wmi by using the following:

my $query = "select DeviceID, FreeSpace, Size from Win32_LogicalDisk
where DriveType = 3";

my $command = sprintf '%s/wmic -U %s%%"%s" //%s "%s" 2>&1', $cmddir,
$np->opts->username, $password, $np->opts->hostname, $query;

I determined that in order to check virtual memory on the server I
really need to reference the windows class
Win32_LogicalMemoryConfiguration.  I can get a positive result by
running:

./wmic -U UID%PWD //host "select * from
Win32_LogicalMemoryConfiguration"

CLASS: Win32_LogicalMemoryConfiguration

AvailableVirtualMemory|Caption|Description|Name|SettingID|TotalPageFileS
pace|TotalPhysicalMemory|TotalVirtualMemory

4079556|Logical Memory Configuration|Logical Memory
Configuration|LogicalMemoryConfiguration|LogicalMemoryConfiguration|1941
584|3407160|5348744

Now I need to harness this information into a perl script that is run on
a Linux environment therefore clientless on our windows machines.  I did
install NS Client on a test box, however I wasn't able to pull the graph
information so I am hoping someone out there created a perl script to
use just WMI to pull information from windows into their linux based
nagios environment without having to install a client.

Thanks in advanced and hope it made sense.

Jessica Kohlbecker

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY:

The information contained in this message or any attachments to this message are intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material as well as being protected from disclosure.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact us immediately and delete the material from any computer.

Thank You.