[Nagiosplug-help] NRPE on Solaris 10 sending spurious text

Roy McMorran mcmorran at mdibl.org
Thu Mar 13 21:52:47 CET 2008

kevin at roundsphere.com wrote:
> Roy,
>
> How did you compile NRPE 2.12 on Solaris 10?  I just sent an email about
> this yesterday wondering the correct way to fix the compile.  I found some
> references of people commenting out some of the code in nrpe.c in order to
> get it to make.  Did you do this or something else?

Hi Kevin,

The 2 syslog facilities that it's complaining about just aren't
available on Solaris.  I just commented them out too, since I'm logging
to the default LOG_DAEMON facility anyway it should not matter.

There should probably be some kind of #ifndef / #endif around these
lines to make an exception for Solaris.

Cheers,
-r

--