[Nagiosplug-help] NRPE on Solaris 10 sending spurious text

kevin at roundsphere.com kevin at roundsphere.com
Thu Mar 13 20:59:16 CET 2008

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 15:23:35 -0400, Roy McMorran <mcmorran at mdibl.org>
wrote:
> I've built the latest (2.12) NPRE on Solaris 10 and I'm getting some
> bizarre behaviour.  In addition to the expected output from the remote
> plugin, I also get a line of garbage each time.
<snip>
> I've found a few earlier posts with similar problems, but no solutions.
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Roy

Roy,

How did you compile NRPE 2.12 on Solaris 10?  I just sent an email about
this yesterday wondering the correct way to fix the compile.  I found some
references of people commenting out some of the code in nrpe.c in order to
get it to make.  Did you do this or something else?

I wonder if it is a tweaked compile this might cause your problem?

Thanks,

Kevin