[Nagiosplug-help] check_dhcp across subnets

Ian Rarity Ian.Rarity at espc.com
Fri Mar 14 16:58:16 CET 2008

I'd suspect your router, in that case.  Perhaps it's been explicitly
configured not to forward DHCP packets as well as broadcasts?  You could
always use Wireshark or something similar to see if the requests are
actually making it as far as the DHCP server.

Ta,
IR.

*********************************
Ian Rarity
Technical Engineer
ESPC (UK) Ltd.
T: (44)131 624 8000
F: (44)131 624 8509
http://www.espc.com ( http://www.espc.com/ )

>>> Scott Machtmes <scottm at brocade.com> 13/03/2008 22:26 >>>
That's actually what I tried using the -u but it's not working. My dhcp

servers are windows 2003 servers by the way with no firewalls.

Ian Rarity wrote:
> Or if you tell check_dhcp to pretend to be a DHCP relay using the
"-u"
> flag :-)  It'll then send a normal unicast packet which should be
> routed
> as any other packet (unless it's filtered, of course).
>
> Ah - I think I need to update my version of the plugins...
>
> Ta,
> IR.

Private and Confidential:  This e-mail transmission is strictly
confidential and intended solely for the addressee.  It may contain
privileged and confidential information and if you are not the
intended recipient, you must not copy, disclose, distribute or
take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please delete it and notify our E-mail Systems
Administrator on +44 (0) 131 624 8000. ESPC (UK) Ltd does not
accept any liability for any harm that may be caused to the
recipient's system or data by this message or any attachment.

ESPC (UK) Ltd is a company registered under the Companies
Acts in Scotland (Registered Number SC203535), and having its
registered office at 90A George Street, Edinburgh, Midlothian
EH2 3DF.

ESPC (UK) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial
Services Authority.