[Nagiosplug-help] Compiling NRPE on Solaris 10

Stevens, Michael Michael_Stevens at affymetrix.com
Fri Mar 14 17:18:47 CET 2008

Well, I can confirm that I see this error on Solaris 10, Sparc, as well
as Solaris 8.  In Linux, it looks like LOG_AUTHPRIV is defined in
sys/syslog.h.  There is a LOG_AUTH in the Solaris sys/syslog.h, which
MAY be the equivalent?

--
Mike

> When I run `make all` I get:
>
> cd ./src/; make ; cd ..
> gcc -g -O2 -I/usr/sfw//include/openssl -I/usr/sfw//include
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H
> -c  snprintf.c
> gcc -g -O2 -I/usr/sfw//include/openssl -I/usr/sfw//include
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H
> -o nrpe nrpe.c utils.c -L/usr/sfw/lib/  -lssl -lcrypto -lnsl -lsocket
> ./snprintf.o
> nrpe.c: In function `get_log_facility':
> nrpe.c:617: error: `LOG_AUTHPRIV' undeclared (first use in this
function)
> nrpe.c:617: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> nrpe.c:617: error: for each function it appears in.)
> nrpe.c:619: error: `LOG_FTP' undeclared (first use in this function)
> *** Error code 1

This transmission is intended for the sole use of the individual
and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. You are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution or duplication of this transmission by
someone other than the intended addressee or its designated agent
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in
error, please notify the sender immediately by reply to this
transmission and delete it from your computer. Thank You.
Affymetrix, Inc.