[Nagiosplug-help] Compiling NRPE on Solaris 10

kevin at roundsphere.com kevin at roundsphere.com
Fri Mar 14 17:41:18 CET 2008

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:18:47 -0700, "Stevens, Michael"
<Michael_Stevens at affymetrix.com> wrote:
> Well, I can confirm that I see this error on Solaris 10, Sparc, as well
> as Solaris 8.  In Linux, it looks like LOG_AUTHPRIV is defined in
> sys/syslog.h.  There is a LOG_AUTH in the Solaris sys/syslog.h, which
> MAY be the equivalent?
>
> --
> Mike

I have also confirmed that NRPE 2.10 compiles without error on Solaris 10.

Roy McMorran also answered on another thread:

"The 2 syslog facilities that it's complaining about just aren't
available on Solaris.  I just commented them out too, since I'm logging
to the default LOG_DAEMON facility anyway it should not matter.

There should probably be some kind of #ifndef / #endif around these
lines to make an exception for Solaris."

Does this need to be forwarded to the nagios-devel ML for review?  It would
be nice to have this fixed in the next revision.

Thanks,

Kevin