[Nagiosplug-help] check_ssh/check_tcp and icmp ping

Jim McNamara jim at packetalk.net
Mon Nov 3 15:33:16 CET 2008

It is likely to be your check-host-alive that the ping is called. On the
default install from source, check-host-alive is check_ping. If the host
you want to monitor doesn't allow pings, then I define
chesk-host-alive2, and make check-host-alive2 use check_ssh instead.

You also have the option of making the check-host-alive command
something that always returns a 0 exit code, like /bin/echo, but the
downside of that is even when the host is down, it will still show as
green on your map.