[Nagiosplug-help] Regarding check_disk

Teemu Järvenpää teemu.jarvenpaa at hamk.fi
Fri Nov 28 13:59:17 CET 2008

>>> "Pak, Dmitry (dmpa)" <dmpa at tengizchevroil.com> 28.11.2008 6:12 >>>
Hi 2 All!

I got one question regarding check_disk plugin, it's work actually.

I have Solaris 9 box (SPARC) with compiled plugins (1.4.13) and NRPE
daemon (2.12), done with SSL support. Monitoring host is RHEL4,
working
fine.
When I'm trying to check some of the plugins locally (i.e.
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 10% -c 5% -p /) it's working
fine, without errors.

<solaris9_box>> /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 10% -c 5% -p /
DISK OK - free space: / 851 MB (21% inode=86%);|
/=3138MB;3627;3829;0;4031

But when I'm doing it through monitoring host (via Nagios
configuration)
- it goes with "DISK CRITICAL: / not found".
While all others plugins - such as "CPU Load", "Current Users", "HTTP
check" - are working OK.
It's not SSL shaking error, because I did all the checks, and other
plugins working OK. But when I'm trying to check disk space - all
faulty.

PS. I have a few other Solaris boxes (v9), with the same versions of
plugins and NRPE, compiled the same way. And all working OK on them
regardin disk space usage.

Yours faithfully,
> Dmitry Pak
/usr/bin/ - *NIX+Backup Team

Hi,

I have the exact same problem with one of my sles9 boxes. Other checks
to same box work fine.  Any light to this problem would be most welcome.

I'm using debian etch as my nagios box and i'm using nagios 3.0.5 with
NRPE 2.12

-Teemu Järvenpää-