[Nagiosplug-help] Antwort: check_oracle - No TNS Listener

Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com
Mon Oct 6 10:54:56 CEST 2008

"Araripe Moreira" <subover at gmail.com> schrieb am 02.10.2008 19:44:02:

> I am using check_oracle plug in to monitor some of the oracle database
> service in my network. But this is reporting the following error:
>
> nagios at srvh410k:/opt/nagios/libexec> ./check_nrpe -H 127.0.0.1  -c
check_jcma
> No TNS Listener on JCMA
>
> when I execute this command on the machine where nagios plug in  is
running

> nagios at srvh410k:/opt/nagios/libexec> ./check_oracle --tns JCMA --db
> prod --login oracle
> OK - reply time 890 msec from JCMA

What does 'set | grep ORA' give? Do you have the ORACLE_HOME set as nagios
user? If not - does /etc/oratab contain the path to the orahome of the
JCMA?
One of those needs to be true at least, I only use the oratab entry for
example.

Does your tnsnames.ora contain a valid connector for JCMA?
Since it works from the commandline - it seems so, but you'll never
know...

Sascha Runschke
IT-Infrastruktur

fon      : +49 (201) / 102-1879
fax      : +49 (201) / 102-1102105
mobil : +49 (173) / 5419665

GFKL Financial Services AG
Vorstand: Dr. Peter Jänsch (Vors.), Jürgen Baltes, Dr. Till Ergenzinger, Dr. Tom Haverkamp
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Georg F. Thoma
Sitz: Limbecker Platz 1, 45127 Essen, Amtsgericht Essen, HRB 13522