[Nagiosplug-help] Antwort: check_oracle - No TNS Listener

asam30 at gmail.com asam30 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 11:01:36 CEST 2008

hi,

you need to export the following on your db server check_oracle file,

vi /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_oracle

export ORACLE_HOME=<set the oracle home path here>
export ORACLE_SID=<oracle sid>
export PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH

then save and exit.

try running again, if this helps

-Shankar

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 2:24 PM, <Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com> wrote:

> "Araripe Moreira" <subover at gmail.com> schrieb am 02.10.2008 19:44:02:
>
> > I am using check_oracle plug in to monitor some of the oracle database
> > service in my network. But this is reporting the following error:
> >
> > nagios at srvh410k:/opt/nagios/libexec> ./check_nrpe -H 127.0.0.1  -c
> check_jcma
> > No TNS Listener on JCMA
> >
> > when I execute this command on the machine where nagios plug in  is
> running
> >
> > nagios at srvh410k:/opt/nagios/libexec> ./check_oracle --tns JCMA --db
> > prod --login oracle
> > OK - reply time 890 msec from JCMA
>
> What does 'set | grep ORA' give? Do you have the ORACLE_HOME set as nagios
> user? If not - does /etc/oratab contain the path to the orahome of the
> JCMA?
> One of those needs to be true at least, I only use the oratab entry for
> example.
>
> Does your tnsnames.ora contain a valid connector for JCMA?
> Since it works from the commandline - it seems so, but you'll never know...

> --
> Sascha Runschke
> IT-Infrastruktur
>
> fon      : +49 (201) / 102-1879
> fax      : +49 (201) / 102-1102105
> mobil : +49 (173) / 5419665
>

> GFKL Financial Services AG
> Vorstand: Dr. Peter Jänsch (Vors.), Jürgen Baltes, Dr. Till Ergenzinger,
> Dr. Tom Haverkamp
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Georg F. Thoma
> Sitz: Limbecker Platz 1, 45127 Essen, Amtsgericht Essen, HRB 13522

Shankar Asam