[Nagiosplug-help] problem with nrpe return status

Andy Shellam andy-lists at networkmail.eu
Mon Oct 20 20:30:58 CEST 2008

Hi Alok,

Somebody else had the same issue recently, they'd missed off the "-c"
option on their command line.

 From your first e-mail, does it work if you add "-c" before
"check_users?" I'm not sure why it should work correctly from your shell
prompt - it certainly doesn't for me (running Debian) - see here:

# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H 127.0.0.1 check_users
NRPE v2.12.

# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H 127.0.0.1 -c check_users
check_users: Warning threshold must be a positive integer
Usage:check_users -w <users> -c <users>

# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H 127.0.0.1 -c check_users -a 2 3
USERS OK - 1 users currently logged in |users=1;2;3;0

Regards,

Andy